The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) Podcast
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) sit alongside the Data Protection Act and the GDPR and give people specific privacy rights in relation to electronic communications. Specifically, these cover;
- Website owners
- Owners of apps that have electronic communication as a component
- Natural or legal persons sending direct marketing communications
- Telecommunications companies
- Messaging service providers (WhatsApp, Facebook and Skype)
- Internet access providers, (ex. a store or cafeě providing open WIFI access).
Changes with the regulation are planned but there is no set date for the new Regulation to come into force. However, it is predicted it will be in either 2019 or possibly 2020.
To help provide a better understanding of PECR, we locked four industry experts from Vuture, Tikit, Concep and Agenci in a room and held a 30-minute PECR discussion, facilitated by Scott Winter, Product Director at LexisNexis.
We hope you enjoy listening to the 30 minutes podcast! If you have any feedback on this podcast or have any suggestion for a future podcast topic, please email the team here.
To see Gary Hibberd's recent PECR blog please click here.